Saturday, 30 April 2011

Where there's life there's hope.

I'm not sure you can see this, but look closely at the trunk of the tree. It's mere fragments; an outside crust of bark; a husk with no middle.

Yet, it's begun to grow vigorously from the merest, tiniest, bit of sappy wood.

Confirms the fact - which at times I have great difficulty believing - that everything really wants to live if it can. (Except humans I guess)












I've also spent some time lately watching 16 nests in a heronery. Lots of chicks which excite me no end. However, I'm refraining from telling you where or giving pictures as there are anglers around who would do harm to the birds simply because they take food from rivers they want to fish in.

2 comments:

  1. I've run across this phenomenon too - life certainly does cling. I guess that's why it's so hard for me to throw out or dig up a plant on its last legs. I always hope it will turn around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The kind of tree that makes you think. I love the way nature talks to us. Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete

Portrait in parts

For this portrait I'm starting off by using some stencils and stamps to make a background. I especially like the stencil with the jumble...