Thursday, 26 May 2011

Collagraph results with oil paint.

I've just had a quick try with oil paints and will now stop until I get the proper etching ink.

The lizard on the left got bent in the pasta machine, hence the crease mark across the bottom. It was the first go and I'm a bit better at it now...it's all a question of guiding it through the machine carefully.






The second attempt this time at an apple, involved more than one colour,
and it was applied with a paintbrush, then rubbed with a cloth.

The card is supposed to be the darkest area, but obviously it isn't in this case, so I need to change card or change tactics!

Still, great fun, and the most use my pasta machine has had in years.

2 comments:

  1. I watched the video this morning and it does look like fun. I am now going to have to buy a pasta machine! I have oodles of oil paint so this would be a good way to use some of it up. On the other hand if you could use any I'll do a recky of my supplies. It's a shame for so much paint to be sitting unloved in a shoebox.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been saving my unused pasta machine for just such a thing but never tried it yet. These look great! I'm thinking leaves and grasses but I like the way you've built these plates up.

    ReplyDelete

Portrait in parts

For this portrait I'm starting off by using some stencils and stamps to make a background. I especially like the stencil with the jumble...