Wednesday, 13 July 2011

The final stages; deciding on borders...then add a lizard or two.

I've been a bit busy and have neglected the blogs for a couple of weeks, but I have been working very slowly in between other things that are going on.  The Taula stones and lizards piece is coming on and is very nearly finished. I will add a couple of lizards and resolve the stones under the trees before saying I'm done.

I like the dark brown border and inner grey one...but it took me a while to get to this point!!

                                                                                                                   


Left: the start with white cotton and stitch.

Right: the initial paint layers


Left: building up the paint layers and putting in the tones.

Right: more of the same! It's a question of going round and round a piece gradually adding more until it suddenly seems finished....it's like magic!

The border will have lizards on the bottom right hand side too, crawling up the edge. Apart from that, the remainder will remain simple but stitched in a matching thread.

No comments:

Post a Comment