Saturday, 5 November 2011

Going pear-shaped!

Well, ok, I lied;  not pear-shaped so much as celery-shaped.

 I've been playing about making people long and thin....out of proportion and stylised, but still recognizable.  It was quite hard for me to do, as I normally try hard to be accurate, so I had to make a distorted grid and scale them up gradually.

These ladies are inspired by an old concert programme for the Doyle Carte, and were my starting point for Japanese and Chinese costumes, which seem amazingly complex.

A few stretched trees, a fence, a dragonfly near a nose, and possible Mount Fuji in the background, and I'm there.

I'm off to have ENORMOUS fun making fabrics for the clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Portrait in parts

For this portrait I'm starting off by using some stencils and stamps to make a background. I especially like the stencil with the jumble...