Thursday, 1 December 2011

Busy, busy.




Not huge masses done to this in the last few days. I've added trees, figures, a small boat, and some hogweed. All these things are there to give depth as well as interest.  The trees will be covered in blossom and I intend putting more flowers in the foreground too.  I will then quilt and paint.

 I made a little Chinese junk for the watery bit, but then realised that Mount Fuji was in Japan, so all that work went to waste. I've swapped it for a Japanese Sushi boat.....not that anyone can tell the difference, but I'm happier!

I'm not sure at this stage whether or not this will be part of the SiXandfriends exhibition at Redditch or if it will be used elsewhere, but it's quite fun to do.


I've been busy with other things though including a lot of gardening.

You might not think there's much to do at this time of year, but it's when GALS get the ground cleared and perennials trimmed up etc.  There is always something for us to do, and it's good to get out in the fresh air and have a spot of exercise.

We thought this space between the gabions and walkway would make a really nice fragranced border...perhaps with herbs etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Portrait in parts

For this portrait I'm starting off by using some stencils and stamps to make a background. I especially like the stencil with the jumble...