Saturday, 3 December 2011

Mordor and odd weather

 I may have over-egged the mountainous regions of Japan and turned them into Mordor. I have a feeling I should be stitching Frodo in there somewhere!
 I would like to put some Japanese anenome's in the foreground, which means (and you know this sort of thing matters to me) that I can't have cherry blossom in bloom at the same time.  So, I've been checking out acer leaves as an alternative.  Choices, choices. Autumn or spring?




AND, I planted this lily in my garden way back in the spring, and it's done nothing all summer, but here we are on the 3rd December after a couple of moderate frosts, breaking into bloom.  I don't understand.

1 comment:

  1. I'm thinking cherry blossom will fit right in for colour. Laura's fabrics are just gorgeous and so descriptive used this way.

    I like your elongated figures. The artist Modigliani elongated his portraits too in a slightly different way and I've made a couple of portraits reinterpreting (as opposed to copying) his work. It takes some of the fear out of painting portraits for me.

    ReplyDelete

Portrait in parts

For this portrait I'm starting off by using some stencils and stamps to make a background. I especially like the stencil with the jumble...