Tuesday, 21 February 2012

Printed Fabric: Altered book images printed onto fabric.

You may remember these images I showed you a couple of days ago from an altered book I'd done called "Angst"  I explained that Laura Kemshall was printing them for me onto cloth, so that I could use them in the next Life piece.  Well,  tarra..........it arrived this morning!!!















 These 3 are the book, and below is the fabric.












The colours and text are very clear indeed. The images have a white border so that should I have any left over from my project I can easily cut them up and use them for something else. The idea however, will be to use this as a background cloth which will be painted over and then scraped back so that you get a glimpse of what's going on, but not a full colour image as you see above.

I'm trying to persuade someone to model for me at the moment so I can progress, but I have other work to do in the meantime. This will be the third piece for the "Through Our Hands" exhibition at Leamington Spa Art Gallery and Museum.











If you like the idea of printing onto fabric in this way - whether large or small scale - do check out either Laura's blog (sixandfriends) or the new website www.fingerprintfabric.com (I don't think the website is live yet but should be very soon).

1 comment:

  1. That's a great idea and the pages have reproduced perfectly. I look forward to seeing them in their new guise.

    ReplyDelete