Monday, 27 February 2012

Update on the paper piecing

This has been a really slow process, but it's nearly finished now.  I quilted "the quilt" (in the ditch) this morning and it's more or less ready to paint.

You might spot the blue fabric has changed colour to a lighter blue in places. This is because I ran out of the dark blue and had to make do!!  A spot of paint will sort it out; it has the same pattern, so I'm not too bothered.


The colour of the quilt over the sofa has to be knocked back quite a bit with white paint, and the shadows need to be added. This will make more sense of the folds in the fabric caused by the body lying on the quilt.  I can then paint the body properly, and put in the coffee table and contents. About 2/3rds done I think.

4 comments:

  1. I was waiting for this and I think I'm your biggest fan. I love, love, love it.
    I am trying to do something like that but I think it is just 10% of what you are doing.
    Sorry for mij bad english.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bad English?? No, wonderful thank you! Good luck with whatever you are doing - I hope you'll show it to me?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can look at my blog today.
    http://ineke-rens.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why does looking at this make me want to be that woman, sprawled on that wonderful quilt?

    ReplyDelete

Portrait in parts

For this portrait I'm starting off by using some stencils and stamps to make a background. I especially like the stencil with the jumble...