Tuesday, 13 March 2012

Life 4 and Life 5 - waiting for a model

I can't start on the next two quilts until I have a model. Hopefully I should hear in the next few days if those two nice ladies who've modelled for the other quilts, are available, and I can get started. 


Life 4 will be called "Fighting Back" and will involve the fabric printed for me by Laura Kemshall and will be about fighting depression - but will I hope be a "happy" quilt.

Life 5 will be called something like "The Difficult old Sew and Sew" and will be a new one for the Festival of Quilts exhibition "Through Our Hands", which will be moving on from Leamington Spa in 2013.





In the meantime I've been experimenting with various things on the SixandFriends blog.  I'm doing a smaller piece which I think will be mounted on canvas, and it will be bamboo with a teapot! (AND, why not??!!)

The sketch on the right shows what I have in mind, but the scale is all wrong and I need to thin down the bamboo and make the teapot larger.

1 comment: