Sunday, 6 May 2012

Still Alive!

Just to let you know that I'm still here and working hard.  I've got to the boring fiddly bit on the next life quilt, which involves lots of paper piecing. It takes a while to get through and there's not much to show yet for my efforts. Another few days should do it though.

I'm not quite sure I understand the haiku on the left - perhaps it's lost in the translation, but I LOVED the piccy.

I also have the necessary to do another 2 life quilts.

Here's a tiny snippet of the pose for the one called "Shall I Be Mother?" based on life as a Geisha. Can't wait to start (It'll be for the Orientation exhibition) and will make number 6 in the series. I love the tones on this one.

I hope to do at least 10 "Life Stories," before a change of track.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Portrait in parts

For this portrait I'm starting off by using some stencils and stamps to make a background. I especially like the stencil with the jumble...