Monday, 2 July 2012

Blithering.

Play comes to a sudden stop. Chez Rainbow is undergoing plumbing works and there is no studio at the moment. In fact, I don't think there's a room untouched.  So the dragonflies have ground to a halt and I'll probably go straight back into another Oriental piece next week.  It's going to be a still life of some sort involving all the lovely kettles and teapots I've been drawing lately.

So, what to blog about? I'm sure you don't want to know how I've been washing in a bucket just as I did at Glastonbury in 1995. Or that the washing machine has broken - as has it's replacement and that we are living in a right old mess.

I would like to share the joy of my other news though, and that is I'm going to be a Granny. My lovely daughter is expecting a daughter not long after Laura from SixandFriends.  2012 is turning out to be an action packed year!!

Because I like to put photos on a blog, the only thing I can show you at the moment is the rain battered garden.  Look at how gloomy it is this morning - but somehow the roses and flowers are breaking through the miserable weather.

 



Above and left are the "Grandad's Garden" A small veggy patch at the end of the path.


5 comments:

  1. Annabel - many congratulations. Another girl - how lovely!!We'll be able to swop grandmotherly words of wisdom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exciting! Grannie Rainbow.

    What is the name of the pink rose, the 3rd photo up from the bottom?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda: YAY!! Exciting stuff xx


    Sally: Both the roses in that photo are Gertrude Jekyll. The smell is divine (I mean that, the best ever!) and is quite good with black spot but perhaps not as good as some of the more modern roses. It's a shrub rose so gets to about 5/6 foot and if you dead head assiduously, flowers for a longish period.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your garden....all of those beautiful roses.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Congratulations! How wonderful to be a grandma. Your garden is so beautiful. I hope your plumbing woes are soon resolved. This is not the weather to be washing in a bucket!

    ReplyDelete