Friday, 27 July 2012

It's all about the image.



















I thought I'd start making image collections.  As I have said before, I have no wish to burden my family when I shuffle off this mortal coil, with huge numbers of quilts that everyone is frightened to throw away.  I have to make them, there's no stopping me!  What I can do though, is collect images of all the work I've done, and put them into small books that can be carried through time as a small momento, should anyone wish to of course.

So above are two of them.  On the left is a beautiful leather bound new sketchbook I bought recently to record the goings on of the guerrilla gardening.  The leather is so gorgeous and soft, but I've refused to keep it for best, and am getting stuck in with the gesso and paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Portrait in parts

For this portrait I'm starting off by using some stencils and stamps to make a background. I especially like the stencil with the jumble...