Friday, 12 October 2012

Hello again - 2 postings in one day??  Things are happening thick and fast in Chez Rainbow!



First of all, details for the talks and demonstrations for the exhibition Through Our Hands, which has it's opening event in Leamington Spa on Friday 19th October (it actually opens on Thursday 18th October) is on the posting underneath this one.

I would like to let you know about something else too.  On Friday last week, I went to visit Laura and Linda Kemshall (and new baby, Amelie, who by the way, is absolutely gorgeous!), and they talked to me about my quilts and some of the controversy surrounding my subject choice.

You can see the results here:
Laura and Linda Kemshall on DMTV
They took some amazing photos of them too with closeups that are much much better than mine.

So, if you'd like to join us, please press the link and log in!

Thirdly, my lovely daughter is expecting our first grandchild at the end of October, but it looks like she may be putting in an appearance a little earlier than planned. It's so very very exciting. What a year 2012 has turned out to be!

2 comments:

  1. Thoroughly enjoyed the DMTV chat, it was good to hear you talking with Linda - I have been fascinated by your work since discovering your blog, but it was enlightening to listen to you talk more extensively about your motivation and what is behind your quilts. The integration of fine art and 'craft' especially those practised by women is definitely an under appreciated area and I hope your work goes on to help bridge the gulf.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh - I need to subscribe!

    It will have to wait til after pay day - bit thin on the ground here.

    Remind me again in a couple of weeks! I am sure to forget.

    H
    xx

    ReplyDelete