Friday, 4 January 2013

Life 5 - last showing of progress

Although not finished, this is the last update before Life 5 will be seen again!!  I have the face to do and shadows on the trees - just little fiddly bits and the frame and we're done. The paint takes a couple of days to dry and "settle", so it's no good doing any more until then. So it's on with the next one.

I've begun Life 6 already with some preliminary sketches you saw on the last posting.  Here's a pen and ink sketch with some bottles. I think the perfume bottle on the right and possibly the kettle (which is bright blue) might make it into Life 6 but I'm not sure yet.

It's called Still Life so will include the usual still life subjects of bottles and jars and maybe a lemon or two, and the model is on a quilt again. She's looking blissful and content, and the words will be about life and finding a few minutes in the day to close your eyes and relax and reflect.


2 comments:

  1. I've just noticed you can see the lines of the building outside through the 'walls' of the room. Very effective. I love the little bottle on the right so I hope it makes it into the quilt.

    ReplyDelete

Portrait in parts

For this portrait I'm starting off by using some stencils and stamps to make a background. I especially like the stencil with the jumble...