Tuesday, 29 January 2013

Life 6 progress - pots, wallpaper and oranges



Left: the applique has been put onto the pots, and below, some stitching has been added.  The quilt is in place. I have to do some minor adjustments to straighten things, but this bit is ready for painting.
On the left is an initial design for some Rainbow Chinoisserie wallpaper.  I asked the folk who read my FB page, what made them content. (The quilt is about contentment) It was a mixture of being with the folk one loves, food, drink, nature, sunshine, and peace and quiet. If you look carefully you can see a cupcake, a glass of wine, an orange, two hearts, grapes, birds, butterflies, and 3 round things which are supposed to be Maltesers.

The poem I'm using for this quilt is about a HUGE orange and I did go in search of something large.  I found these two; the best my greengrocer could do.  It's years since I've peeled an orange.  That struck me as odd.  I eat satsumas these days, but somehow don't think of them as oranges.  There is a connection between China and satsumas, (being satsuma ware!), but I'll leave that one for now.  I've enough on my plate as you can clearly see!

2 comments:

  1. wallpaper is looking gorgeous .. and I want that fat pot xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life is a puzzle .. I am sure a snake was mentioned??- but where?? Or am I now dreaming blog conversations? and if so, what on earth would the psychiatrist make of that?? Any road .. my answer to the fat pot contents is yes, deffo a fat snake ... OR - what about a fat penguin?? or even a womble? (personal fave at moment)I like them better xx (if all was a dream - this will be very confusing - sorry)

    ReplyDelete

Portrait in parts

For this portrait I'm starting off by using some stencils and stamps to make a background. I especially like the stencil with the jumble...