Wednesday, 16 January 2013

Wallpaper

I've finished the stitching of the words, and have everything more or less ready to go now. 

I've been thinking what I'd like to do in the background.  I was going to leave it blank as I'm getting to be quite a fan of empty spaces, but have decided to give myself a bit of a challenge.

This is for the Orientation exhibition, so I'm going to put in some chinoiserie wallpaper.  I have one or two photos of old Chinese wallpaper taken at various visits to National Trust properties, and I also have this......


........which is on my bedroom wall!  Very handy.  It's gold on white which I like as it won't compete with the rest of the picture, but I might add colour to it - I'll have to see what it looks like when I get that far.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful, and I love the wallpaper idea - it will look gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete

Portrait in parts

For this portrait I'm starting off by using some stencils and stamps to make a background. I especially like the stencil with the jumble...