Thursday, 7 March 2013

Update on Life 8 - On The Shelf


A quick update on Life 8 for you!  I wanted the quilt the model is lying on to be pink, but couldn't face baby pink or barbie pink, so raided the stash for some magenta home dyes.  I'm getting low on fabric - I must do some dyeing sometime soon.

I've put Motherland on hold whilst I do the above. Working on two quilts at a time hasn't been successful as they're just isn't space for two work areas.  I was hoping to get Life 7 and 8 finished by the end of March so I could start another piece for an art competition, but it's not going to happen. Ah well, best of plans.

I shall start Life 9 as soon as possible which is for another exhibition in 2014.  I really must work faster as I'd like to get a minimum of 12 quilts done as soon as possible! 

2 comments:

  1. Wow. Just came across your blog (from Sew Festive Handmade) and your work is fabulous, I love it! I can't imagine all the time and work that it takes. It is definitely art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking fab Annabel ... and as for the time thing - it is SO frustrating, but we can only do as much as we can .... I try to see it as fate! xx

    ReplyDelete

Portrait in parts

For this portrait I'm starting off by using some stencils and stamps to make a background. I especially like the stencil with the jumble...