Thursday, 9 May 2013

Underpainting the body on Life 8

I've decided to block in some colour on the body for this one before going further. It'll give me a better idea for background colours/focus.

I've been a bit distracted by the sunny weather and gardening. It's been so long since we've had sunshine in the UK, that you must forgive me for weakening!

It might not seem so, but I do try an alter the colouring of the flesh for each quilt.  For this one I've chosen prussian blue and raw umber. I'm undecided about the background for the map - could be parchment, or really pale blue.







In case you were wondering, and have noticed the paint spreading beyond the stitched lines, this is OK.  I don't like hard edges and this will help me to blend the background and the flesh together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Portrait in parts

For this portrait I'm starting off by using some stencils and stamps to make a background. I especially like the stencil with the jumble...