Monday, 1 July 2013

Thinking of new directions.

I had a very funny day yesterday.  I felt a bit odd.  At first I thought it was my hormones playing up - a last minute chance to make life difficult - and then I thought I was bored.  Perhaps I need a new direction in life? Take up a new interest?

I decided to enroll for a ceramics course at the local college next year, and see where that takes me.  I've never done it before but why not?

But did it make me feel better? Strangely no.  So I sat around feeling cross, needing to sew but not wanting to. Not wanting to chat or go for a walk or garden.  Perhaps, I thought, this depression quilt is leaking out and affecting it's creator?

No, it came to me in a blinding flash.  I wasn't depressed, or restless, or unhappy.  Oh no. Dear reader, I was hungover.  And serves me right! I don't drink much as a rule and by way of celebration (many reasons including 39 years of marriage) I'd imbibed.  My own fault of course because I mixed sparkly whites with rich and heavy reds............and........... I'm a bit ashamed to add, ............rather a large number of maltesers, and several spoonsful of runny stilton.  At my age I should know better, shouldn't I?  My poor liver. Oh well, back on track today :)  Much chirpier.

7 comments:

  1. Nasty mix Annabel! That would interfer with anyone's brain and creative stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing wrong with a good drink once in a while why not but hang overs hits us harder I think... I miss that green drink van Gogh used to drink, Tescos used to sell it but not any more. Im sure you will love doing ceramics when you go, I used to do it at college and it was such fun fun....x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should have listened to your daughters, never mix red and white, kudos on the ceramics course though x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm, maybe the maltesers and runny stilton weren't such a good idea either ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I should have said, Happy Anniversary and many congratulations! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I won't tell you what I got up to last Burns Night, suffice to say hangover probably doesn't cover it! Cutting down my imbibing though tonight I could have murdered a glass of wine!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's good to let your hair down once in a while, we mature ladies just don't have to make a habit of it though. Happy Anniversary and many congratulations. The photograph is delightful, what a lovely couple.

    ReplyDelete

Portrait in parts

For this portrait I'm starting off by using some stencils and stamps to make a background. I especially like the stencil with the jumble...