Monday, 12 August 2013

Festival of Quilts - last day.

Thank you to all the lovely people who came to see the Through Our Hands gallery, curated by Laura Kemshall and myself.  It was a large gallery with 31 quilts on show.

There were 10 artists, out of the 14 who are on the website, exhibiting. Some of the quilts had been seen at our first exhibition in Leamington Spa (Oct 2012 to Jan 2103) but a large number were not only new to the show, but unseen in public before. A huge thank you to them as well, because their work was fantastic.


Above and to the right, an installation of a studio.  Laura and I put some bits and bobs together, including half eaten biscuits and old teabags.

It seemed a popular spot, and visitors were able to see Life 9's construction.


Below: work by Bethan Ash and Sandra Meech, and in the distance, Elizabeth Barton.


Finally, Laura, (very kindly!) took this snapshot of me in full flow, being interviewed about Through Our Hands by Debbie Shore. The TV/video is to be shown somewhere soon I think.

2 comments:

  1. You did a fantastic job! I loved this gallery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much..you were ace. Coming back and visiting and bringing biscuits each time :)) Star visitor! I'm glad you liked the gallery - We hope there was something for everyone.

    ReplyDelete

Portrait in parts

For this portrait I'm starting off by using some stencils and stamps to make a background. I especially like the stencil with the jumble...