Friday, 2 August 2013

You might know that I like to garden a bit.  I wouldn't like you to think that because I'm always talking about it and showing photos of the park we help look after that I'm in some way an expert.  I'm not!  I'm not bad at weilding the secateurs and am reasonable with a spade, but am inclined to make up names for plants as I go along......you know.......biggus leafus horizontalis varigatum. 

I'm especially poor with houseplants (nb, if you're reading Linda, I'd like to say that the unamed specimen with pink flowers you kindly donated to Chez Rainbow, is still with us - but has it's bags packed and is waiting for the taxi)

However, this beauty is defying the odds!  Look, it's actually flowering.


The leaves are very dramatic, and those flowers on the long stems are worth a drawing or two I think!





















Life 9 will be with me at Festival of Quilts on the Through Our Hands stand (P2) which is opposite Fine Art Quilt Masters.  Do come and say hello.  She's in an unfinished state on purpose so you can see how the lettering is done and the difference between the painted quilt and the non-painted. Just for fun!

I'm on the stand the whole time except at about 3pm for an hour on Thursday.


4 comments:

  1. I'm glad I'm not the only one who can kill a houseplant just by looking at it. Actually, it's probably more a case of forgetting to water it! I'll search you out at FOQ :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be lovely to see you Julie :)

      Delete
  2. Looking forward to seeing your work at FOQ, I'll say hello!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes do please Miriam, and don't forget to tell me who you are so I can put a name to a face!! :)

    ReplyDelete