Monday, 28 October 2013

Trying to get portraiture right

You need to practice portraiture to get it right, which is what I intend to do.  My skills have lapsed a bit lately and I need to do more. Granted, portraits on quilts are much harder than using oils on a canvas, but I still feel I've slipped a bit.


Life 11 or 12 (not sure if it's next or the one after next!) will involve a few portraits. It's the one called The Glass Ceiling.

I'm looking for mother and child, a woman wearing a hijab, and a native Australian/Indian woman.  If anyone out there would like to volunteer, please contact me, I'd love to hear from you. The quilt is about prejudice and the way women are held back in their careers. You'll only be visible from the shoulders or decolletage upwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Portrait in parts

For this portrait I'm starting off by using some stencils and stamps to make a background. I especially like the stencil with the jumble...