Saturday, 19 July 2014

First page

The words at the top of the page say: "You have the scene arrange itself - as it will seem to do....."

It's a snippet from one of the poems in the book, and seemed appropriate as this was the inside of the book cover and I had no idea what I was doing.  I think Laura has a perfume bottle like this one so there's an unintentional similarity - apologies!





I worked on a second one as well which I'd stated a while back.  It's my guerrilla gardening notebook, and I'm trying to keep a record of what we've done, but in a relaxed fun way.


 I have a collection of papers and bits which I raided.  This is anaglypa wallpaper used as a table protector when I was spraying some labels last year.

Below: inks through a stencil, and a monoprint of a perfume bottle.

Then it was just a matter of collage and fiddling about with paint and oil sticks.





 
More to do on this yet, but I'll let it dry for a while!





5 comments:

  1. WOW! Looking great, very exciting pages! (I thought you were supposed to be taking things easy!!! ;) )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cath. Am I supposed to be taking it easy?? I didn't know that! I shall go and put my feet up immediately.

      Delete
  2. This is so lovely. Feeling inspired! H xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you LTW., it's lovely to work in such vibrant colours for a change!

      Delete
  3. Your work always lifts me, even when I thought I was already high! (metaphorically speaking, of course)

    Thank you for allowing us to share.

    ReplyDelete

Portrait in parts

For this portrait I'm starting off by using some stencils and stamps to make a background. I especially like the stencil with the jumble...