Thursday, 3 July 2014

New altered book

I'm working on a new altered book about Time.  The idea came to me on the last visit to Snowshill Manor.

I've been doing a bit of sketching in amongst everything else, and a lot of gesso-ing and sticking too!!

Here's a quick effort to keep you amused.  Wings of time?  Times wing-ed chariot? Time flies? Lots of options.  It was taken from an advert I found whilst browsing the internet for something totally unrelated, so I wouldn't want to use it as is, but clocks with wings is an interesting idea.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds very Dali-esque to me (clocks with wings!)

    But time flies (ha has) and so must I - back to Milton Keynes and the day job. And since no one has yet invented the teleporter big enough to transport faithful Pfaff, Whippet X and other assorted goodies, I've got to pack the Citroen 5 Estate (the battle wagon!)

    So you keep on sketching, and sticking and gessoing and I'll keep the wheels of commerce grinding on (thought I know what I'd rather be doing!)

    Sorry - bit of a ramble there!

    Hilary xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Research has shown just how much of a cliche clocks with wings are...so maybe I'll pass on that one, but will log it in the hind brain for a snippet in something else. I'm working really hard at the moment, so apologies for the late comment, and thank you for yours!

    ReplyDelete

Portrait in parts

For this portrait I'm starting off by using some stencils and stamps to make a background. I especially like the stencil with the jumble...