Tuesday, 16 September 2014

Helenium sketches.

























I'd also like to share this with you.  I know in my heart of hearts that I'm not great at drawing and painting, but I try and I believe that the more you practise the more you can improve.  I have two very talented daughters, neither of whom think they can draw. One has got a jolly good degree in Fine Art (and you don't get those without talent) and the other, who I've always believed had drawing talents too, but who - possibly like me! - refused to even try.  However, whilst bored a few days ago, she asked me how to begin and I gave her the briefest of lessons - about half an hour - on shading and portraits.  Here's what she did yesterday.


2 comments:

  1. Well, neither of you recognize your talent. Like mother like daughter...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think if I was ever satisfied with what I do, I'd stop! Interesting IB!

      Delete

Portrait in parts

For this portrait I'm starting off by using some stencils and stamps to make a background. I especially like the stencil with the jumble...