Sunday, 21 December 2014

Life 16, 17 and 18

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year everyone! Hope you all have a good one.

The Mitochondrial Roots quilt is now finished except for the frame.  I've put it to one side so that I can prepare for Christmas and have a bit of a switch-off before starting again in January.

Trouble is, I itch to get on and do more!!  I don't want to stop, but daren't get out the paints and the sewing machine as there's too much to do around here, a lot of people, and not much space.


Life 16 - Poisonous Plant is next on the agenda.  M'mate Laura has given me a photo of a poison bottle she bought recently (empty, I'm sure) which I could make a start on by drawing.

Life 17 - The Life of Time is Motion (that's probably the title) is, I think anyway, hilarious and drawn out.

Life 18 - Interactive Woman involves portraits and self-disillusionment.

All of these quilts will be at Festival of Quilts in 2015 as part of the Through Our Hands stand, but I'm not saying too much more about that just now, except that I'm really looking forward to it and it will be quite challenging!  Hope you'll be intrigued over the coming months, and then visit us in the Main Hall to see what's going on.  ?????

I'm getting awfully close to that 20 quilt limit I set myself 2/3 years ago.  Mmmm that all needs a serious think or two as well. 

2 comments:

  1. A Merry Christmas to you Annabel and thank you for all your interesting blogs. I hope 2015 proves to be just as creative for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen, I didn't like the Wordpress format so have returned to blogger, and am so glad that you've managed to find me and read my postings! Happy New Year.

      Delete

Portrait in parts

For this portrait I'm starting off by using some stencils and stamps to make a background. I especially like the stencil with the jumble...