Thursday, 26 February 2015

That'll be a fail then!!!

You see, there I am helping to produce a fab magazine, run a website, and help organize exhibitions, doing my quilts, and all those other things we busy folk do, so I hope you'll allow me a fail now and then.

Now you lot out there know I'm not the biggest whizz in the world at cooking. Today I made marmalade - the proper stuff with seville oranges - and burnt it.  After all that shredding etc it was such a shame, but I was able to bottle the jam that wasn't to close too the burnt bits and have 4 jars of orange flavoured toffee spread.

But that's not all.  I've been in hysterics.  I bought a fresh dough pizza kit for tea, and it said to put it on non stick baking parchment before putting on the tray.  I didn't see the non stick bit.

DH is slightly depressed and a bit empty, poor love. He carefully picked off all the pieces of paper that were welded to the dough.  Here's what's left of DH's pizza. He's just asked if we have any Spam.

I'm not hungry at all because I ate the pizza including the paper.  If you don't hear from me for a few days though, I could be dead of congestion of the chitterlings.

8 comments:

  1. Oh dear! You've made me feel better though. Yesterday I burnt the boiled potatoes badly - the smell was absolutely terrible and I was expecting visitors. I regularly burn porridge so badly that after soaking the pan it can be lifted out like a very solid dark pancake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I let a saucepan boil dry the other day when I was steaming veg. No idea how that happened, but a ruined saucepan! And I'll take a jar of your very best orange flavoured toffee spread, my good woman!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great way to start the day - with a chuckle from Annabel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I survived. My chitterlings didn't explode, and G is checking everything he eats for paper. I'm glad I'm not the only one, you lot sound as bad as me. I went to put some "marmalade" on my toast this morning. It's not spreadable. You have to cut a slice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha ha! Sliced marmalade - I'm sure you could market that commercially!

      Delete
  5. My husband regularly has a slice of plum jam on his toast. He loves marmalade, but thinks orange toffe spread

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. I've 4 big jars all solidifying nicely. Available at reasonable prices - bring your own hammer!

      Delete