Monday, 9 March 2015

There's no need to stop working when you're poorly you know.

My family have been running around after me for a few days whilst I recover from a bout of lurgy. I've been waited on hand, foot, and finger!

And, because of an inability to see straight,  it would have been foolish for me to attempt much in the way of sewing. However, I was able to sit in the corner, keeping my germs out of everyone's way, and stick things to other things.

Here's a box I've been making to put my latest GALS journal in together with the award etc.


Not exactly magnificent, and if I see anything better on my travels this one will be scrapped, but it will keep things together and safe until then.

It was a plain wooden box from eBay, and I've used acrylic gel to weld bits and bobs to it.













Over at Through Our Hands we have been able to welcome Genevieve Attinger to the Affiliated Artists, and I've just begun uploading her portfolios, so do have a look if you have a moment.  Here's the first one, it's called Eden #1.

All the editions of the magazine can still be read online and they are absolutely free, here, so if you've missed any of them please feel free to take a squizz!  We were all thrilled that the latest edition was read 8,500 times in the first couple of days, and the front cover featuring Susan Hotchkis' work was viewed over 150,000 times!!  Well it was very beautiful.

Laura and I have exciting new plans for expanding soon as well, so I hope you'll stay tuned to find out if it's something you'd be interested in.

The May edition will be an exhibition special with new work by the Afffiliate Artists, not seen before, and all sorts of other interesting articles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Portrait in parts

For this portrait I'm starting off by using some stencils and stamps to make a background. I especially like the stencil with the jumble...