Monday, 15 June 2015

I've been a bit daft again.

It's a nice sunny day today, and having recently visited the Farrier to get my feet "summer ready" I thought today would be a good chance to don the sandals for the first time for my shopping trip to Stratford.  I suffer slightly from arthritic toes, so always expect some discomfort foot-wise in anything other than slippers.

I had been walking for about 20 minutes, and had noticed that one hip seemed slightly uncomfortable - at an odd angle - and it was making me walk with a slight limp.  When you're young you wonder about these sudden pains and oddities, but when you get older you just hope it'll go away if you forget about it. DH walks at a fair old pace, so I was beginning to struggle to keep up.  Ah me, the arthritis was obviously working it's way to my hip. I tried very hard not to limp.

Eventually I wended a weary way home, and it was as I was throwing myself down in a chair with a soothing cup of coffee, that I saw the problem. I'd spent the entire morning walking round Stratford in odd sandals. My hip wasn't playing me up; one sole of one shoe was a good 2cms higher than the other. How come I didn't notice before? Plop knows.

Mind you, it's been a while since I've done anything daft (last time I think was wearing my trousers inside out all day) so I guess I'm overdue.

Here's the beginnings of a portrait - the under painting in acrylic.  It looks very odd doesn't it?  It'll get better when the eyes are defined. I'm going to switch to oils for this one, but wanted to get the basics down in something quick drying.



4 comments:

  1. Oh for goodness sake, what are you like! Good job you're better at your art than you are at dressing yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know!!! What gets me is that I didn't even think to look at my feet but carried on limping slightly for over an hour assuming I was ill. What an idiot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was just too funny NOT to comment!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to hear it's not just me!

    ReplyDelete