Tuesday, 2 June 2015

Speeding Up

Given my age and the sparsity of postings recently, you could be forgiven for thinking that I was slowing down a bit.  Of course the opposite is true, and there are more things to do each day than it seems possible to cope with.  They are good things however, and for that I say a heartfelt thank you!!

Here's my first bit of good news. A new granddaughter, Isabel Grace, and a sister for Evelyn. She's gorgeous of course, and all is well, but two youngsters are hard work as many mums out there can testify!




















The exhibition at Bilston, looks absolutely splendid and Laura and I worked really hard to ensure that it did, and that the artists work was shown to best advantage.  Our thanks of course to the staff at Bilston Gallery who did a wonderful job of hanging the work, but the responsibility for organization and selecting the work, dealing with postage, customs, battens and display materials, catalogues etc., and delivering it all was ours!  Laura did a really splendid job designing the catalogue, and it looks fabulous.  Don't forget to pick yours up if you visit the exhibition which is open until 25th July.  Details in a posting below.








If that wasn't enough, we've also produced a new edition of the Through Our Hands, The Magazine, and details of how to get your copy are on the last posting. Laura does all the layouts for it and is really clever at doing it because they look amazing.  Linda and I peddle hard behind the scenes, but it's thanks to Linda that you can actually read it...her proof reading is second to none!


And, we have an all new exhibition to organize for Festival of Quilts, in August.  All the work will be different to Bilston, and we hope you will enjoy it just as much.  We will be joined by new Affiliate Artists at Through Our Hands, Genevieve Attinger, Sue Stone, and, possibly, Jenni Dutton.

 I'm also at Leamington Spa Art Gallery - or at least Life 15 is, and I've been involved in 2 articles which should appear in magazines very shortly, and they take some writing.  

Finally, we're often asked how to join Through Our Hands, so to everyone out there, Laura and I warmly invite you to be part of it all as a member of The Registry. You can now have your own portfolio on our website, access to the shop to sell your work, and free magazine downloads. If you'd like to know more just get in touch here, or at throughourhands.co.uk@gmail.com and we'll let you know more. We're just working out the details now!


 All that, and I've managed to lose 10lbs too!  Excellent.

8 comments:

  1. Slowing down! No! You sound like Superwoman. And lost 10lbs - no wonder! I wish I could do likewise!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, well. I think we'll have to silently agree that I have more to lose! It started 2 days before the opening of Bilston when I went down with a most peculiar virus and couldn't eat for 48 hours...and just decided to carry on for a bit. I don't expect miracles, just slightly better fitting trews!

      Delete
  2. Go mum. Think you deserve a holiday somewhere warm and sunny, you're an inspiration x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a plan dear! I'm not sure about an inspiration although I do appreciate your kindness :)) Looking foward to celebrating Isabel's arrival with you very shortly xx

      Delete
  3. Showing shocking lack of committment there Rainbow! Socks need tightening. Belts need pulling up and noses need to be ground to the pressing stone!!

    Deary me, I don't know, what ever next! A holiday??

    Xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. Well, a couple of hours in the back garden? A x

      Delete
  4. Your grandaughters are gorgeous, the exhibition is a triumph and the new edition of ToH is engrossing and beautiful - go and have a lie down!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you rcw!! - you're very kind. But I've a couple of hundred geraniums to plant that I'd forgotten about!

      Delete

Portrait in parts

For this portrait I'm starting off by using some stencils and stamps to make a background. I especially like the stencil with the jumble...