Thursday, 11 June 2015

Tea towels

Here's Evie again. Thank you for your kind words, and congratulations on the birth of my second granddaughter, and also on the loss of 10lbs!

I've not got a lot further with my little virtuous weight loss streak, and an earnest light starvation has bought no more slackening of elastic anywhere in my wardrobe.

In fact, as I looked at the thin people in the coffee shop this morning, who seemed to trough golden syrup lattes with whipped cream, and really huge shortbread biscuits for breakfast, (think paving slab) I wonder if there is something wrong with me and my inability to get rid of more than 12 calories a day. Why do thin people eat like horses?
 



My only consolation is that come the apocalypse, (and let's look for the positive.) thin people will be trying to eke out an existence by living on dirty water and weak gruel, and let's be honest, starving, (sorry thin people) whilst I shall be in a corner somewhere like a Duracell battery, quietly putting on weight - and possibly forming a ruling co-operative with all those other bird boned, post menopausal, non-eaters, but nevertheless slightly round women. Rock on.


BTW, coming soon. Need a present for the woman who has everything: how about a Life Story tea towel?! I'm hoping they'll be at the NEC for Festival of Quilts in August, but if the hemming goes well, I'll put them in the TOH shop before. www.throughourhands.co.uk





7 comments:

  1. I love this post. As a woman of post menopausal age sans thyroid and an avid gardener, I have pondered the same. I'll be in the corner with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! It's baffling isn't it? How does this happen? Life!

      Delete
  2. That's a novel idea Annabel, a Tea Towel of a Life Story. It's very appealing but I certainly couldn't use it for its purpose. I used to be one of the skinnies and I'm not huge now but I have very happily rounded out as I've got older. it wouldn't sustain me for long but it's better than bone ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julie, No worries, I'd save you all the bits I didn't need and you'd be fine. Fresh air is obviously all I need.

      Delete
  3. Annabel - put me down for a tea towel! I already have a framed collection ( yes, I frame tea towels!! Not all you understand, they have to be special!!) Kit Neale: IncEdibles (Kew gardens) Grayson Perry: Hold Your Beliefs Lightly (British Museum) and Richard Bawden: Hare (no reason other than I liked it) - so why not an Annabel Rainbow too?

    Ps I'll be joining you in the corner. It's going to be quite a crush I think!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doh, thanks there. Not sure it warrants a frame but you could hang it over your cooker handle for a certain look. Yep, the corner is getting quite full, but we'll budge up.

      Delete
  4. It will be a crowded corner of cuddly women! I cycled across the USA last year, and only lost a stone! Average 35 miles a day for 3 months, and was not eating like a horse either! And put half of it back on, in the year since too! Some of us are only meant to be a bit cuddly.

    Do you have the opportunity to show any more Life quilts in the London area? I saw one at the Oxo Tower last year, and seeing them in the flesh (!) makes computer images pale into insignificance. In fact, "Seeing them in the flesh" would make a good subtitle for a solo show!

    ReplyDelete