Tuesday, 25 August 2015

Yawn. Decorating. Yawn.

I don't know what it says about me - and I think I'd prefer to keep it that way - but I never want to start the creative processes if the environment around me is in a mess. I like to clear the decks and be in a beautiful cleared space.

I share my studio space with occasional dining room use. The two are not compatible, as sitting in a white cube is not conducive to feeling cosy and at ease, and a red velvet bedecked medieval banqueting hall whilst cosy, is easily ruined by exuberant paint splashing.

The lovely posters I'd recently bedecked the walls with were sagging and looking tatty because they were only held up with blue tack. I couldn't fix them permanently because the thin paper wouldn't mould itself around the bare brick.

So I put them in the kitchen. Yay. I love it even if no one else does!!  I might even be moved to cook something.

 The studio is undergoing a sagey green transformation courtesy of Farrow and Ball. If you have any ideas how I can dress the wall to make it look both beautiful and practical, please do fire away - it's not my strong point and I'd be grateful for help!



No comments:

Post a Comment