Friday, 18 September 2015

Another textile mag takes the plunge...

....and publishes some life painting. Well done Textile Fibre Forum (Australian)





I've been pottering in my sketchbook/diary again and this sketch on the left is a rose hip to go with the image of full rose blooms next to it...I had them for my birthday.

I wanted to save my cards - I hate throwing away people's sentiment and their lovely comments. It feels like you are rejecting them!!  So, I've saved them as a background thanks to the wonderful idea of doing a 3 month diary/sketchbook.

Mind you I am a class A fully qualified idiot who feels the need to stack the dishwasher in a way so nothing is left to feel lonely. You know, putting two teaspoons together so neither feels left out. No?  Just me then!



1 comment:

  1. I am laughing so hard about loading the dishwasher. I thought I was the only sentimental fool who felt that way. Love the idea of saving the cards in your art diary. I keep all of mine. I think of the postcard collection I have of my Grandmother's, and all the ephemera that is selling now. Where will future artists find these things? In my house, that's for sure. No, you are not alone.

    ReplyDelete

Portrait in parts

For this portrait I'm starting off by using some stencils and stamps to make a background. I especially like the stencil with the jumble...