Sunday, 13 September 2015

Bus Pass Day

  
I followed a Twitter link recently to some tips on how to write an interesting art blog.  One of the things it said was you shouldn't include postings about your life and days out, and you should start another blog if you wanted to witter about those things.  Hmmm.

Oh well, never mind!

This week was memorable because I was 60. A few years ago I told my family that I didn't want to celebrate birthdays any more, but happily they chose to ignore me. One of the joys for me this week was finding this surprise birthday cake - not any old cake - indeed not, but the very one I'd been hankering after since seeing it's construction on a technical challenge on The Great British Bake Off. It's called a Princess Cake and is basically layers of sponge, creme patisserie, and cream. Yum or what? They'd got a chum to bake it for me, and I have to say that she did a magnificent job!



There were flowers and grandchildren, and daughters, and cards, magnificent music players, books, scarves, Moorcroft pottery and clothes.  All very exciting and ideal material for the Sketch Book Challenge that so many people seem to be taking part in (see I got a bit of art in there, didn't I?)





I just managed to catch the little charmer on the right, mid performance, as she belted out a verse or two from Disney's film, Frozen. Dreadful film, but most amusing rendition!! Trouble is DH and I now have a dreadful ear worm and can't stop singing it ourselves.  If only ones times-tables were so easy to pick up.


 We visited many places which also provided inspirational images for the diary including these chrysalis. Some people are freaked out by them I know, but how inspiring...lots of ideas are pinging around the brain.

No comments:

Post a Comment