Saturday, 31 October 2015

Monoprinting in coloured layers

My thanks to Laura for this intriguing technique, which I shall be adding to the repetoire! What larks. For most of these I've simply copied Laura's landscape idea to get the hang of how it works, and then I continued to use it to see how different products and papers compare. Monoprinting with acrylic paint means you have to work very quickly and I didn't feel up to adding any original designs at this stage!!




Acrylic paint, acrylic paper


Acrylic ink mixed with glazing medium, damp watercolour paper


Acrylic paint, damp watercolour paper (you can just see the paper texture)





Acrylic paint and cartridge paper



Acrylic paint and sketchbook page.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Laura! It's an amazing technique and I'm enjoying playing around with it enormously. It's so quick and easy, and not much mess either!! Great idea there chum x

      Delete

Portrait in parts

For this portrait I'm starting off by using some stencils and stamps to make a background. I especially like the stencil with the jumble...