Tuesday, 17 November 2015

A beautiful day.

I've been spending a few days at the seaside. Granted, it's not to everyone's taste to battle with the wind, spray, rain and flying sand common on the beach in November, but I find a beautiful peace there. I think it's the endlessness of it - the opposite effect to claustrophobia! Of course, there aren't many people there either, so you get a sense of battling nature all on your own.

I made a start on the latest quilt, only to rethink it after a few hours work.  I need a huge roll of paper really to draw out what I want to do and clarify my thoughts, so I'm just waiting for that to arrive, along with some new acrylic open paints, which I want to try. They say they act in the same way as oil paints - I'll let you know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Portrait in parts

For this portrait I'm starting off by using some stencils and stamps to make a background. I especially like the stencil with the jumble...