Wednesday, 13 January 2016

Playing with portraits on the new quilt

OK, so absolutely, no, laughing.


I've had this little image in my files for ages and assume it's a Picasso painting, although it may just be in his style. I thought I'd have a go for a little spot on the next section (top left) of the quilt.

You can see where I'm coming from I think, but a little more symmetrical and a bit more obvious perhaps. I'll stitch it and paint it and see what it looks like before I insert it into the quilt....or maybe...I'll just go for it! :)

I've also done a little bit extra to the visual diary, by painting my granddaughter on the last page. (She was at MOSI in December, and gave a rendition of THAT Frozen Song on the mock up stage they have there.) It's the dropped waistline I love. You just know as she reached up and breathed in ready to give it the beans, her skirt fell down a bit.





2 comments:

  1. Well that certainly gave me a smile - "Let it go, let it gooooo..." Oops - the skirt let go!

    ReplyDelete