Saturday, 9 January 2016

Video leafing through my sketchbook challenge

In September the wonderful Linda Kemshall issued a challenge (DMTV) The idea was to try and keep a visual diary for 3 months, with guidance and encouragement.

I liked the idea because not only was it a way of recording life so I could look back in future years and enjoy remembering what went on, but because each page was created without a specific theme, I was able to make each one without the pressure of doing something artistically valid and worthwhile! (If you know what I mean) I just let it all hang out :)

Apart from 1 page about gourds, it's finished and here is a video of it. (If we wait for me to finish the painting of the gourds we might be here some time! Suffice it to say I need to do about 4 more and put them on a luscious green rumpled cloth)

4 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed the journey through your sketchbook.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The turning of the pages & the music created a beautiful sense of calm. The visuals conjured for me the feeling that you get when it is peaceful and the mind is clear to create. Just a little bit jealous as my past 6 months has been somewhat frenetic, it brought a tear to my eye. Thank you for sharing this beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Maggi and CHP for your kind comments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is wonderful! Loved doing mine & I'm inspired to carry on helped by the lovely DMTV clips.

    ReplyDelete